Since I’m giving away a wonderful book filled with lacey goodness, I thought I would share a recent FO, my Firefly Scarf by Kristen TenDyke. This pattern is free on Kristen’s website, but please consider leaving her a small PayPal donation for this lovely pattern. I used exactly two skeins of Elsbeth Lavold Hempathy for my scarf and it’s perfect to wear with any summer top or dress. I love it! Thank you so much Kristen for a gorgeous, yet simple pattern!
There are lots of lace style patterns to choose from, but a few of the newest Ravelry additions are worth a mention.
- Aster Vest by Cassie Miller incorporates a beautiful flower motif that continues to the front. Perfect for a summer cover up!
- Aster Hat by Cassie Miller is worked in the round from the center out in a large lace flower motif then into a smaller lace pattern for the body of the hat and finished with a rib brim.
- Merope by Rosemary Hill is a gorgeous lace shawl that is knitted from the bottom tip up to the top, and bound off along the top edge.
- Stony Brook by Bonnie Sennott is a rectangular stole that features two complementary lace patterns.
- Aja Tunic by Patrizia Steadman is the perfect feminine lace summer top.
- Solstice Stockings by Rebecca Blair has a lace cuff and a matching lace design over the ankle.
- Lace Ripple and Wave Scarf by Barbara Patricia uses a simple lace pattern that is the perfect for a beginner.
- Cascading Jewels by Anne McCrea features a set of 3 lace panels for top down knits. Designed for little girls from newborn to size 4.
There are many more to choose from and to find the perfect lace pattern to start with, visit Ravelry and simply type in Lace in the pattern search field. You will have over 16,000 patterns to choose from!
Happy lace knitting!