Today’s patterns feature the ever-growing popular market bag. These easy to knit and crochet bags are great for your own use or perfect to create as Christmas gifts for your eco-conscious friends.
Here’s a few patterns to check out:
- Market Bag by Vicki Square is a bag created in linen that was tested for its durability as a market bag with a few canned goods, some oranges, and a bunch of bananas. This project requires 2 skeins of Louet Euroflax and a pair of size 11 needles for the knotted mesh stitch and a pair of size 6 needles for the basketweave stitch.
- Let’s Go Shopping, Market Bag by Linda Skinlo is a super easy project that requires approximately 197 – 306 yards of DK weight yarn (cotton, hemp, or linen), size 4 and size 10 needles.
- Market Bag by Lion Brand is strong enough to carry groceries and is an eco-friendly alternative to paper or plastic shopping bags. This project requires 370 yards of Lion Brand Recycyled cotton and a size I crochet hook.
- Farmer’s Market Bag , by Vickie Howell, was originally published in the “Green Issue” of Knit 1 Magazine. This project requires 3 balls of Vickie Howell’s yarn (Milk Fiber/Organic Cotton) and crochet hooks size G and H.
- Montavilla Market Tote by Knit Picks is perfect for your visit to the farmer’s market. This project requires Knit Picks Simply Cotton Worsted 164 yards/100g) in colors Marshmallow 24761, Malted Milk 24762, Ginger 24763, Toffee 24764: 1 ball each. Size 9 and 10.5 straight needles, circulars and DPNs.
- Sugar’n Cream Market Bag by Lily. This pattern is a lightweight crocheted string bag, great for carrying groceries or anything else. This project requires 3 balls of Lily Sugar’n Cream Cotton and a size US 7 (4.5 mm) crochet hook
- BYOB by Moira Ravenscroft. Enjoy making these colorful bags while doing your bit for the environment at the same time. This project requires 3 balls of Lion Brand Cotton Ease and a size US 7 ( 4.5 mm) 24″ circular needle and a size US 10 (6.0 mm) circular needle.
This season, give a gift that will help the environment by creating a wonderful, light, stretchy and durable bag.