As the weather turns chilly, it’s time to consider a pair of slippers. There are hundreds of slipper patterns to choose from, all in variety of styles, textures and colors but if you’re seeking quick crochet projects, here are a few to consider.
For those looking for a quick, one skein project, then these two patterns by Bernat might just be the ticket. The Sox-Crochet Slippers is a speedy project created using one skein of Bernat Sox and a size US D (3) crochet hook. This project is very easy and is perfect for a beginner crocheter. For a copy of this pattern, please click here or visit Bernat online. Make slippers a family affair this year and crochet slippers for everyone! The Super Value Family Slippers is a quick and easy pattern that provides instructions for crocheting slippers not only for adults, but for children, ages 4 years to 8 years. Using just one skein of Bernat’s Super Value yarn and a US size F crochet hook, slippers can be crocheted for the entire family at a very affordable price. For a copy of this pattern, please click here or visit Bernat online. Both of these patterns are the perfect project to consider if time is of the essence.
There are many more slipper projects to choose from, but here are a few of my favorite ones:
- Mary Jane Slippers by GoodKnits – This is a free pattern that uses one skein of worsted weight yarn (such as Paton’s Wool), a bit of worsted weight yarn in a contrasting color, a size US H crochet hook, a tapestry needle and 2 buttons for the closures.
- Crocheted Slippers by Drops Studio – This is a free pattern that uses 100 grams of Drops Alpaca from Garnstudio, a size E crochet hook, a tapestry needle and four small buttons for the closures. Be sure to check out all of the crochet slipper patterns online at Drops, there’s lots to choose from!
- Love Me Mary Jane’s by Theresa Grant – This pattern is available to purchase online at Ravelry or in Theresa’s Etsy shop. This pattern is available in three sizes, requires approximately 136 -160 yards of fingering weight yarn, a size US E crochet hook and two small buttons for the strap.
- Felted Granny Square Slippers by Maria Thorgren-Hansson – This is a free Ravelry download that requires wool yarn (3 strands) for felting in three colors, a US size H crochet hook
and a tapestry needle.
- Goodie-2 Strap and the Boho Ballet Slippers by Holland Designs – These patterns are available to purchase online at Ravelry or in Holland Design’s Etsy Shop. The Boho Ballet slipper requires approximately 100 grams of DK weight yarn and a size US F crochet hook. The Goodie-2 Strap slipper requires a DK weight yarn and a size US F crochet hook. This pattern is easily customized to fit any size foot. Be sure to check out all the slipper patterns from this designer !
Slippers make great gifts for Christmas, birthday gifts or if you enjoy charity projects, they are perfect for the elderly who are in nursing homes.