On Monday I mentioned that I was starting a new KAL featuring Simone’s lovely cabled Yuletide Scarf. I had truly planned to use my newly acquired skein of Liberty’s Yarn in Sockenstein for this project realized I need more of an Aran weight yarn.
After going through my stash, I came across five skeins of King Cole Merino Blend Aran that I had left-over from my Atlantean Wrap and Bag. While I haven’t had too much time to knit this week with other things going on I thought I would share a tiny progress photo of what I’ve done so far. I must say this yarn really shows off the cable pattern and it’s so soft!
This pattern is super quick and easy to knit, which makes it perfect for gift giving. I have also being knitting without using a cable needle. If you’ve never knitted without a cable needle, there are a few great tutorials out there to teach you how to do this technique and once you learn, you’ll never use a cable needle again!
Here’s my list:
- Grumperina – Cabling without a Cable Needle
- Wendy Knits - Cables without a Cable Needle .
- Knitty Article by Theresa Vinson Stenersen - Cables (towards the bottom is how to cable without a needle)
- Glenna of Knitting to Stay Sane has a great post with step by step instructions – Cabling without a cable needle
- The Yarn Harlot provided this link in one of her log posts – Cable without a Cable Needle
KnittingHelp.com also has a great YouTube Video as follows:
Happy knitting, crocheting, spinning and crafting everyone!