Yarn Along ~ Knitting with a bit of reading!

Two of my favourite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well.  So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?  ~ Ginny from Small Things

I’m still reading Heather Barbieri’s The Lace Makers of Glenmara and will be finished by the end of the week. I really need to finish the Postmistress by Sarah Blake but can’t seem to get into the book.  So, I think my next book to read will be Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, which I’ve read long ago but have started reading the series.

Knitting is going really great and I’m almost finished with my top-down cardi.  I just need to finish the left side front ribbing and the sleeves.  I’m excited to get this project done so I can wear it soon !

About Tina

I admit that I am a yarnaholic, fiberholic kind of gal who loves knitting, spinning and crafting in general! When I’m not knitting, I’m enjoying my time with my wonderful husband and our spunky little dog Sparkles. I love learning new things, meeting people who share my joy and passion for the fiber arts, and sharing with others. For me, blogging has given me the opportunity to nit only share my adventures, but my ups and downs, my projects, my goals and so much more.
This entry was posted in Wool, Yarn Along and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Yarn Along ~ Knitting with a bit of reading!

1. lizella says:

I just finished reading Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. I think Dragonfly is my favorite in that series so far. The cardi is looking very nice.

2. Shirley Ann says:

That cardi looks very pretty. Is that a little bit of lacework I see down the front?

3. Ava says:

I am reading book 5 of the epic fantasy fiction series ‘Game of Thrones’ and I am knitting with Rowan chunky wool to make a winter body warmer.

• Tina says:

That series sounds great Ava and I lok forward to watching season 1 via Netflix. I love the Rowan chunky … it’s great to knit with :)

4. swanski says:

Gorgeous top down cardi and I love the color, so peaceful and soft looking!!

5. Allison says:

That sweater looks amazing! Short sleeves are awesome also. I find that it takes like 1/2 the time to knit the sweater if you don’t have long sleeves.

6. Thanks for the reading suggestions! The cardigan looks lovely!

7. Erin says:

I couldn’t get into postmistress either… Hmmm. Another good reason not to try again! Love the sweater tho!

8. Sarah says:

The cardi looks lovely. I have downloaded the sample of the book you’re reading after last week’s Yarn Along but I haven’t read it yet.

9. Jess says:

The cardigan is beautiful. I’ve been trying to get back into reading, but my attention is being pulled by children lately. If I can sneak minutes in, though, I will. Right now I’m trying to get through Yoga for Mind Body and Soul. It’s like school work!

• Tina says:

Thank you so much Jess! I can only imagine how busy you must be with your kinds and family, that’s the good kind of busy though :) The book you’re reading sounds very interesting and I might have to check that one out.

10. Sharon says:

Liike many, I love to read and knit also. I am currently trying to finish the first of three “Tying the Knot” wedding gift afghans that must all be complete by July 7. Currrently reading the latest in the Maisie Dobbs series by Winspear, “Elegy for Eddie.” Such great books!