The last day of 2011, I made a list of goals for knitting projects for the new year. Sometimes I get a bit carried away with goals, and this is one of those times. After going back and reviewing my goals, I now realize I won’t be able to keep the majority of them, but that’s ok, goals are good for me!
So, here’s what I planned for 2012:
- Knit at least 4 pairs of socks
- Knit at least 8 shawls – I joined Romi’s lovely Pins & Lace Club, this will ensure I do this!
- Knit at least 4 lace scarves
- Knit 2 sweaters – one for me and one for my Mom
- Create at least 6 new designs to include, hats, scarves and wraps
- Learn new techniques such as two a time socks, Fair Isle/Colorwork, toe up socks
- Development an understanding of lace knitting and hone my skills
- When I join KALs (knit along) or SALs (spin along), I will be dedicated and I will finish what I start
- Spin more fiber to create gorgeous handspun for knitting projects – I now have 3 wheels and they need to be put to use! I joined the Raverly Group, 12 in 2012 , which has a goal to spin 12 pounds of fiber over the year and I belong to the Spin a Shawl group. I think both will help with this goal.
I haven’t done too bad, but I have to admit, I’m way behind on my knitting. So, here’s what I’ve managed so far:
- One pair of socks - Nutkins the very first of the year. I still have two sock projects on the needles, Tanis Vorticity and Cabled Lagoons. So I really should get these two projects of the needles so I can at least be close to my goal!
- One shawl completed – A Second 198 yards of Heaven and one shawl on the needles, my Oaklet. Hmmm… way behind on this goal. I received two club kits from Romi’s Pins & Lace Club and lovely skein of fingering weight from a dear friend, but still behind on my shawl goal.
- For scarves, I’ve managed to knit one that turned into a design. My Los Verdes, a textured lacy scarf. I also did a test knit for Meghan of Meghan Knits, a great lacy cowl called Wanted. I will add this to my goal of scarves, so I only need 2 more for the year.
- I’m excited to finish one cardigan, my Cotton Raglan and I have Vodka Lemonade on the needles. I still want to knit a sweater or cardigan this year for my Mom, so I might be able to do this!
- I’m way behind on my goal for new designs this year, but as mentioned above, I did release a new scarf pattern.
As far as the remainder of my goals, I’m enjoying learning new techniques when it comes to knitting, especially garment construction and fit, as well as toe up socks. I decided not to stay in the 12 in 2012 group on Ravelry as I will not be able to spin 12 pounds of fiber this year. My spinning has been taking a back seat as I’m very much into my knitting, but a friend from England just sent me the most beautiful fiber that has enticed me to finish up my Romney that is currently on my wheel and start spinning the luscious yummy blend of Shetland and Silk.
Did you set goals this year? If so, how are you doing?
Until next time, happy knitting, crocheting, spinning and crafting!