Today is a bit of reflection and a bit of getting ready for the good changes that are coming. I want to thank you all for such a wonderful year, your support and encouragement and most of all, your friendship. I feel that I have found many kindred spirits here in the fiber world and I’m so grateful to have all of you talented people in my life. Every day I’m in awe at the talent, the creativity, the support and the pure enjoyment that each of you share with each other. ~ December 31, 2011
As I sit here writing this post today, I can’t believe I said that just a year ago and I have to say, it still rings true today. I’m so blessed to have found so many kindred spirits in the crafting world and I’m so very grateful to have been able to get to know quite a few of you on a personal level. In case you don’t know, you all ROCK!
I’ve been really thinking about my goals for this year and I have decided that I want to incorporate a few more things into my year than just knitting or spinning. I want to branch out a bit and go back to doing a few things I once loved doing before I was bitten by the knitting bug. I think being well rounded in crafting is a good thing and the more you know, the more you grow and the ore creative you become.
Like last year, I plan to revisit my goals and resolutions every quarter and see what I’ve managed to finish. This should be fun, as well as very challenging.
So, here I go …..
- God and Family first!
- Get healthy, loose weight and feel better!
- Spend more time in the garden.
- Read more books.
Goals: Last year I vowed to stash bust, I did not do a very good job at that so this year is the year of stashing busting!
- I have discovered that wearing hand knit socks make one feel cozy. With that in mind, I plan to knit at least four pairs of socks this year.
- Sweaters are a must in my wardrobe this year, as well as vests and cardigans. Since I have plenty of yarn in my stash, this year I plan to focus on knitting at least two pullover sweaters, two cardigans and three vests. I’ve started matching patterns with stash yarn and needless to say my Ravelry queue is growing by leaps and bounds.
- KALs are a great way to have fun but I need to make sure before I join a KAL, it’s really something I want to pursue and really want to challenge myself to knit. Mystery KALs will be the ticket for me this year ~ everyone needs a bit of mystery in their lives, right?
- Spinning down my fiber stash is a huge thing for me this year. With the help of my two spinning pals, I know I can be motivated to achieve this goal.
- Complete at least two embroidery projects.
- Complete at least two quilting projects – wall quilts and runners will be my focus this year.
- Learning is an on-going goal for me and I’ve already signed up with two new Craftsy classes that I can’t wait to start.
- I plan provide more reviews for books, fibers and yarns, as well as other fun crafts that I might decide to learn.
Sigh…. that looks like a lot and it might be more than I can handle for the year but you never know, I do love a challenge!
Happy New Year Everyone!
Another fresh new year is here . . . Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, To love and laugh and give! This bright new year is given me To live each day with zest . . . To daily grow and try to be My highest and my best! I have the opportunity Once more to right some wrongs, To pray for peace, to plant a tree, And sing more joyful songs! – William Arthur Ward