I have officially finished my granny square afghan and I love the result. After going through three of my crochet books looking for just the right edging, I decided upon the dainty bobble edge found in the Harmony Guides: Crochet Edgings and Trims. To me it was the perfect finish.
For this project I used several skeins of stash yarn and purchased two skeins of Jo-Ann Sensations for a bit of contrast.
- 1 skein of Jo Sharp Silk Road Ultra in Seafoam
- 2 skeins of Jo Sharp Silk Road Ultra in Birch
- 1 skein of Berkshire Bulky in Medium Heather Gray
- 3 skeins of Berkshire Bulky in Dark Heather Gray
- 1 skein of Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca Chunky in Monterey Bay
- 1 skein of Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca Chunky in Ice Flower
- 2 skeins of Jo-Ann Sensations It’s A Wrap in Taupe
Hook Size: 8.0 mm (L)
Finished Size: 40″ x 42″
You can view my color combination on my Ravelry Project Page.
Have you been stashing busting lately? If so, what types of projects have you been working on?
Have a wonderful weekend filled with crafting!