Do you love knitting scarves but at times dislike what the reversed side looks like? If you answered yes, then you’ll love Audrey Knight’s book, Reversible Scarves: Curing the Wrong Side Blues.
Audrey’s book is broken down into six chapters that contain over 30 reversible scarf designs that range from simple to complex. You will find that each pattern has very well written instructions, charts as needed and gorgeous photos of the finished scarf. I love the first seventeen pages of this book as it’s dedicated to techniques, cast on methods and tips, all followed with wonderfully photographed step by step photos. I also love how Audrey includes tips at the end of each chapter on how to “make it your own”. Once you understand the techniques of reversible stitches, you will be empowered to create your own reversible scarf designs!
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- Chapter 1 – Using the simple mistake stitch rib to create a scarf in six ways.
- Chapter 2 - Learn to use knit and purl stitches for creative designs, the linen stitch for various weights of yarns for unique texture and looks, as well as the moss stitch and seed stitch for interest. After learning these techniques, make it your own by combining different stitches learned.
- Chapter 3 – Learn to combine different yarns and colors to create a world of color, designs and a variety of textures, all by using reversible slip stitches, ripples, stripes and woven patterns.
- Chapter 4 - For those cable lovers, this chapter is truly for you! You will learn how to turn simple and basic cable stitch patterns into reversible creations. This chapter contains seven patterns with a mixture of lace, ribs and cables, all reversed. Once you learn these techniques, Audrey gives you tips on how to “make it your own”.
- Chapter 5 – Double knitting fun! This chapter really breaks down the technique of double knitting and provides knitters with five patterns from simple to complex. You will learn how to carry yarn, use new stitch methods and be able to read charts.
- Chapter 6 – The beauty of luscious lace! This chapter teaches you how simple lace stitches can look beautiful on both sides.
You can see all the scarves featured inside this book online at Ravelry by clicking here. Out of all the patterns included, it’s really hard to say which one I like the most but I have to say my favorite of them all is the Cable and Knots, followed by Lilting Leaves.
If you enjoy knitting scarves, enjoying learning new techniques, then you truly will enjoy Audrey’s book. I personally say this is a must have for your knitting library!
About the Author - Audrey Knight is a nature-loving knitter residing among the coastal oak woodlands of California. Her designs can be found on her blog, on Ravlery, and in various knitting publications. When she got tired of knitting scarves that inevitably had the wrong side showing out, she wrote the book, “Reversible Scarves: Curing the Wrong Side Blues.” She mixes the occasional critter photo in with her knitting experiences at her web site, AudKnits.com and can be found on Ravelry as AudKnits. She also posts how-to videos on her YouTube channel.
I am happy to announce Audrey has given me a signed copy of Reversible Scarves: Curing the Wrong Side Blues to giveaway to one lucky blog reader. To enter this giveaway, simply leave a comment, and do be sure to leave a means of contact if your email does not automatically attach to your comment, for example your Ravelry ID. For an extra chance to win, follow me on Twitter, tweet the giveaway and come back to enter to let me know.
This giveaway is open now through Monday, March 4th until 6:00pm AZ Time with the winner will be announced on Tuesday, March 5th . This giveaway includes all US and Canadian residents.
Disclaimer: This book was given to me for review by the author but the contents of the review are of my own opinion.
Thank you for entering ~ this giveaway is now closed!