Yarn Along: Work in Progress and Of Course Reading!

Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well.  So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?  ~ Ginny from Small Things

DSCF4040

Still reading  The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher and I’m happy to say I’m half way through the book.  I’ve had too many distractions lately that have been keeping me away from this book, maybe this evening I’ll just sit and read and give myself a knitting break!

My project bowl is overflowing but I’m working on  each project a little at a time.  Keeps one motivated to have a few WIPs going!  I should be done with the front of my Cabazon soon, just four more rows and then I will start the back piece.

So, what are you knitting, crocheting or spinning?

Any good books lately?

About Tina

I admit that I am a yarnaholic, fiberholic kind of gal who loves knitting, spinning and crafting in general! When I’m not knitting, I’m enjoying my time with my wonderful husband and our spunky little dog Sparkles. I love learning new things, meeting people who share my joy and passion for the fiber arts, and sharing with others. For me, blogging has given me the opportunity to nit only share my adventures, but my ups and downs, my projects, my goals and so much more.
This entry was posted in All Crochet, All Knitting, Yarn Along and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Yarn Along: Work in Progress and Of Course Reading!

1. Sara Beth says:

Now THAT’S a bowl full of projects! :) LOVE!

2. leovlad says:

Knitting – The Bee’s Keeper Quilt (slowly)
    Reading – the final Sookie Stackhouse book.

3. Renee says:

That’s an impressive bowl of beauty and goodness! Happy knitting :)

4. Shirley Ann says:

Your project bowl looks like a little bit of knitty heavean! I love those colours. ‘The Shell Seekers’ was one my favourite Rosamunde Pilcher books :o)

• Tina says:

Thank you Shirley Ann! I believe The Shell Seekers is one of my all time favs too … I like all of Rosamunde Pilcher’s works, but this is truly a favorite that I return to often.

5. lizella says:

Looks like there is a lot of good stuff in that bowl! I just cast on the On Stranger Tides sock pattern I won and am loving it! So easy to memorize and looks beautiful! I am awaiting my copy of the last Sookie Stackhouse book today, which should take me a day or two to read. I am currently reading The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau which is some good historical fiction.

• Tina says:

Yeah!!! Glad you’ve casted on the On Stranger Tides and I so agree, very easy to memorize :) Good books you’re reading too !

6. Paula Eeds -- on Ravelry: GrammaHoney says:

Love The Shell Seekers too. Want to find it on audio so I can listen and knit.

Knitting: Zelda Cloche, Socks, Abacus Towel, Dishcloth Swap, Vase of Grace, Karin Tote Kit (I need a big bowl like yours!)

Audiobook: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

• Tina says:

Paula, it looks like we both have a few WIPs :) Love Unbroken … good book!

• Paula Eeds -- on Ravelry: GrammaHoney says:

I am listening to it with my grandson (age 14) to/from work/school. We have a good 35 minute drive each way. I can’t believe that Louis survived the war!!!

7. Like my wipe in knitting, I have multiple books on the go. My most recent addition is a rereading from my favorite author, Christopher Moore. The book is called A Dirty Job. Knitting wise the project getting the most attention has to be the modern log cabin being made for my brother and soon to be sister in law for their June wedding.

8. Wow that is a big bowl of projects!

9. Alynia says:

I’m reading ‘Tom All Alone’s’ by Lynn Shepherd, and I love it. Perhaps because I got Dicken’s ‘Bleak House’ from my granddad, and read it several times.

I have some WIPs too, it keeps things nice.

10. Knitting: 2 baby blankets and my first length-wise scarf
    Reading: Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan & Final Sookie Stackhouse Novel (my secret obsession books ;)

11. Sandie Knapp says:

Afraid I’m getting more reading done than anything else these days, what with my injured wrist still causing problems, and whatnot. I’m glad to see someone is making progress though, on things knitted and read. Looking forward to the present WIP’s when they become FO’s. LOL

Have a wonderful day!

• Tina says:

Oh Sandie, do take care of that wrist of yours!! Reading is a good thing, keeps the mind going strong and will give your wrist a chance to heal. Fingers crossed my WIPs will start turning into FOs sooner than later :)