Yarn Along: Work in Progress and Of Course Reading!

Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well.  So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?  ~ Ginny from Small Things

DSCF4040

Still reading  The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher and I’m happy to say I’m half way through the book.  I’ve had too many distractions lately that have been keeping me away from this book, maybe this evening I’ll just sit and read and give myself a knitting break!

My project bowl is overflowing but I’m working on  each project a little at a time.  Keeps one motivated to have a few WIPs going!  I should be done with the front of my Cabazon soon, just four more rows and then I will start the back piece.

So, what are you knitting, crocheting or spinning?

Any good books lately?

22 thoughts on “Yarn Along: Work in Progress and Of Course Reading!

1. Tina Post author

What a fun project Brianna! I haven’t read the Sookie Stackhouse series but understand they are good books.

1. Shirley Ann

Your project bowl looks like a little bit of knitty heavean! I love those colours. ‘The Shell Seekers’ was one my favourite Rosamunde Pilcher books :o)

1. Tina Post author

Thank you Shirley Ann! I believe The Shell Seekers is one of my all time favs too … I like all of Rosamunde Pilcher’s works, but this is truly a favorite that I return to often.

2. lizella

Looks like there is a lot of good stuff in that bowl! I just cast on the On Stranger Tides sock pattern I won and am loving it! So easy to memorize and looks beautiful! I am awaiting my copy of the last Sookie Stackhouse book today, which should take me a day or two to read. I am currently reading The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau which is some good historical fiction.

1. Tina Post author

Yeah!!! Glad you’ve casted on the On Stranger Tides and I so agree, very easy to memorize :) Good books you’re reading too !

3. Paula Eeds -- on Ravelry: GrammaHoney

Love The Shell Seekers too. Want to find it on audio so I can listen and knit.

Knitting: Zelda Cloche, Socks, Abacus Towel, Dishcloth Swap, Vase of Grace, Karin Tote Kit (I need a big bowl like yours!)

Audiobook: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

1. Paula Eeds -- on Ravelry: GrammaHoney

I am listening to it with my grandson (age 14) to/from work/school. We have a good 35 minute drive each way. I can’t believe that Louis survived the war!!!

4. introvertedknitter

Like my wipe in knitting, I have multiple books on the go. My most recent addition is a rereading from my favorite author, Christopher Moore. The book is called A Dirty Job. Knitting wise the project getting the most attention has to be the modern log cabin being made for my brother and soon to be sister in law for their June wedding.

5. Alynia

I’m reading ‘Tom All Alone’s’ by Lynn Shepherd, and I love it. Perhaps because I got Dicken’s ‘Bleak House’ from my granddad, and read it several times.

I have some WIPs too, it keeps things nice.

6. allnightknits

Knitting: 2 baby blankets and my first length-wise scarf
    Reading: Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan & Final Sookie Stackhouse Novel (my secret obsession books ;)

7. Sandie Knapp

Afraid I’m getting more reading done than anything else these days, what with my injured wrist still causing problems, and whatnot. I’m glad to see someone is making progress though, on things knitted and read. Looking forward to the present WIP’s when they become FO’s. LOL

Have a wonderful day!

1. Tina Post author

Oh Sandie, do take care of that wrist of yours!! Reading is a good thing, keeps the mind going strong and will give your wrist a chance to heal. Fingers crossed my WIPs will start turning into FOs sooner than later :)