I had the pleasure of receiving Angora Haze, a new collection of 14 designs by Martin Storey, for review.
Like most of the Rowan designs, this collection is classic and to me rather vintage with a 1940′s flair. Each design uses the luxurious and exquisite new yarn, Angora Haze, a scrumptious blend of 11% wool, 20% polyamide and 69% angora.
Inside Angora Haze, you will find sweaters, cardigans and accessories, all perfect for your fall and winter wardrobe.
Audrey - a cabled and lace cardigan
Bette - an elegant lace wrap
- Brigitte - an elegant beaded cardigan
- Eva - stocking stitch raglan cardigan
- Jayne - a stocking stitch pullover
- Judy Beret - a simple cable and eyelet bert to match the mitts
- Judy Gloves - a simple cable and eyelet mitts
- Lucille - a lace wrap over top
- Marilyn - cabled sweater
- Rita - stocking stitch raglan cardigan
- Ruby - stocking stitch side fastening cardigan
- Shirley - stocking stitch raglan sweater
- Sophia - stocking stitch shrug
- Thelma - cable and lace tee
- Zsa Zsa - a full and cute ruffled shrug
Keeping with the vintage theme, Rowan has also launched six “free” designs on their website that are exclusive to Rowan Members.
These 6 designs were created by the students of Winchester College of Art and Design, as featured in Rowan Knitting & Crochet Magazine 54. The ‘Between the Wars’ brief set by Marie Wallin, challenged the students to focus on garment detailing, stitches and colour of the 1930′s and 40′s, utilising the wealth of design inspiration from the Knitting Reference Library at Winchester. Designers include, Emma Middleton, Lucy Jones, Meghan Lewis, Katie Agar, Alex Pengelly
I have decided to giveaway away my review copy to one lucky blog reader. To enter for a chance to win this copy, simply leave a comment, along with your Twitter or Ravelry ID.
This giveaway is open to the US and Canada only and will end on Friday, July 19th.
THANK YOU – This Giveaway is now closed