Casting On and Casting Off: My Modified Acer and Chateau

I’m so excited that I finished my Acer cardigan this past weekend and I truly love how it turned out!  I was even more excited to be able to wear it to work today as it is quite chilly here in Phoenix with all the rain we are getting.

Front View

Front View

Back View

Back View

Side View

Side View

Pattern:  Acer by Kirsten Kapur

Yarn:  7 skeins of Lion Brand Amazing (1029 yards/350 grams/ 940.9m) in the color way violets.

Lion Brand Amazing

Lion Brand Amazing

Needle:  US Size 9 (5.5mm)

Mods:  The only modification I made was adding a crocheted border to the sleeves and to the border.  The crocheted pattern I used was the Arch 4 stitch pattern found in Super Stitches Crochet: Essential Techniques Plus a Dictionary of more than 180 Stitch Patterns by Jennifer Campbell and Ann-Marie Bakewell.

Now on my needles is a bulky quick knit called Chateau designed by Melissa Schaschwary.  I’m using my newly acquired Patons Classic Wool Bulky in the color Dark Grey and a US size 13 (9mm) circular knitting needle.  I’ve completed a total of 1 and a half repeats of the pattern and have 1  and a half to go before binding off.  I can’t wait to wear this cozy shrug!

Chunky cables make this garment really pop!

Chunky cables make this garment really pop!

Chateau – photo courtesy of Melissa Schaschwary

What’s on your needles, hooks or wheel this week?

About Tina

I admit that I am a yarnaholic, fiberholic kind of gal who loves knitting, spinning and crafting in general! When I’m not knitting, I’m enjoying my time with my wonderful husband and our spunky little dog Sparkles. I love learning new things, meeting people who share my joy and passion for the fiber arts, and sharing with others. For me, blogging has given me the opportunity to nit only share my adventures, but my ups and downs, my projects, my goals and so much more.
This entry was posted in All Knitting, Casting On and Casting Off, Crochet and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Casting On and Casting Off: My Modified Acer and Chateau

1. Love the new cardi Ti a and thanks for bringing Chateau to my attention! I “may have” just the yarn for it in my stash. :). (We both know I do!!!!!)

2. It looks beautiful on you! The one you are working on now, I LOVE it!!! I really really want one!

3. Lara says:

Your Acer is so pretty, I love the mods you made!

4. Beth J says:

Looks beautiful! The rain is amazing I’m not sure my potted plants will survive.
    I think you are a trendsetter looks like we all will be making the shrug.

• Tina says:

Thank you Beth and I agree with you on the rain :). The shrug is such a beautiful design and I’m so excited everyone is liking it, and have plans to make it.

5. Deborah Barr says:

Beautiful cardigan! I love the interplay of the ribbing and striping.

6. Shiela Dixon says:

It looks really lovely on you. The colours are really beautiful.

7. sandandsky says:

I LOVE it! You did a fantastic job, as always :-) , and it looks so great on you.

8. Andi says:

Beautiful Acer, Tina!

9. Sandie Knapp says:

Your Acer sweater looks wonderful on you, and I think the crocheted edging was a brilliant addition. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of use out of that one.

I like the one you’re working on now, especially the way it drapes over the shoulders, and the looseness in the sleeves. Should be another hit and will help to keep you cozy and warm this Winter. :)

• Tina says:

Thank you so much Sandie :) I’m having fun with my new project and I’m hoping to be done next week, if not before. It’s a lovely design and I agree about the draping, it’s perfect !

10. Krissie says:

Wow, your cardigan is gorgeous! I love the detail on the sleeves.

11. Jody says:

Acer looks great! And the cables on the other one look awesome! And so cuddly warm.

12. Susan says:

Q- love the sweater. Awesome job adding the crochet edging. Can’t wait to see the finished chunky knit.

13. karen says:

you look beautiful and lovely in your new sweater :)

14. Rhea says:

Very pretty Tina. The color suits you beautifully.

15. Beth Beal says:

Wow, I love it! I especially like the color and the trim!

16. starproms says:

Your new cardi is very pretty. It fits you perfectly and the colours blending is very attractive. Well done.