Casting On and Casting Off: Mother of Dragons and A New Vest!

It has been so windy the last few days here in Phoenix that it’s been quite hard to take photos of my Mother of Dragons shawl but I finally managed a few and wanted to share.

If you’re thinking about knitting this pattern, Lara has just started a Mother of Dragons KAL in her Ravelry Group.

So what’s on the needles?  Well……. I’ve frogged several projects recently and really feel much better about my decision to do so.  I really wasn’t quite sure what my next project would be until I saw the Misty Pearl Vest by Brigitte Reydams in the new issue of Love of Knitting .

Misty Pearl Vest – photo courtesy of Love of Knitting

This design calls for Bloomin’ Colors by Great Adirondack Yarn Company, Inc., a 100% Blue Face Leicester and a size US 7 needle.  I have opted to use my stash of Knit Picks Cotlin in Gosling and a size US 8 needle. I have also decided to work the two front panels at the same time.  Smart, don’t you think :)

I’m rather excited about this project and think it will be perfect for wearing this summer.

Until next time, happy knitting, crocheting, spinning and crafting!

23 thoughts on “Casting On and Casting Off: Mother of Dragons and A New Vest!

1. knitterbeader

Beautiful, beautiful shawl. I also really like the Misty Pearl Vest. What length cable do you have to use to knit 2 fronts at a time? I finally finished my Gris de Lin cowl and will start back working on my colorful HappyDance socks!

1. Tina Post author

Thank you so much Darlene :). I’m using a 24″ circular and it is working quite well. Your cowl is gorgeous and I love that color!

2. Debbie Winn

Tina, I like the shawl pattern and love the touches of lavender throughout. Very pretty!
    I also really like Knit Picks Cotlin yarn. Last year I knit Pamona by Jill Wright in Cotlin (Blackberry). The yarn seems to get softer as I wear it.

3. Kelley Petkun

Can’t wait to see your progress on the vest. What a beautiful, drapey, layering sort of piece.

1. Tina Post author

Thank you so much Kelley ☺️. I love the Cotlin, it is wonderful to knit with and agree, it will make a very drapey piece.

4. Lara

You did a fantastic job on the shawl! It’s amazing how quickly you knitted it and the yarn you chose is perfect.
    The vest is really pretty. I can’t wait to see it when it’s finished.

5. Sandie Knapp

The shawl is gorgeous Tina, and the colors are perfect for it too. Great job!!
    I also really like that little vest you are working on now. Feather & Fan is easy to do, and has a great look. I’m sure it will look great on you too. :-)

1. Tina Post author

Thank you Sandie :). I really am enjoying the feather and fan vest, it will be perfect to wear this summer.

6. sandandsky

Mother of Dragons turned out beautifully and so delicate looking.
    Your idea of knitting both front pieces of your new cardi simultaneously is brilliant.