Since I’ve been busy knitting shawls and have started a scarf, I thought it would only be fitting to review a book that Sixth & Spring Books recently sent to me called Classic Elite Shawls, Wraps & Scarves: 20 Ideas, 3 Ways.
Inside you will find twenty ideas turned into a total of 60 patterns, all featuring Classic Elite’s luxurious high-quality fibers, such as cotton, wool, bamboo, angora and cashmere, all of which can easily be substituted to meet your needs. So what does this really mean? It means that you as a knitter have endless possibilities for creating fabulous accessory pieces!
Each project chapter provides very well-written step-by-step instructions, charts where needed, along with tips for choosing colors and yarns, as well as gorgeous color photographs of the finished accessory piece. Designers include Anniken Allis, Cheryl Murray, Tonia Barry, Jean Moss, Brooke Nico, Carol Sulcoski, Susan Mills and more, creating brand new fresh designs in lace, cables, stripes and ruffles.
This book currently retails for $16.02, which means each pattern only cost 27 cents. Now that’s what I call a bargain!
- Easy Stripes - A striped shawl, shawlette and a cowl
- Jewel Tones – A buttoned neck wrap, a shawlette and a coat scarf
- Pretty in Pink - A swirl edged stole, a single repeat scar and a multiple repeat scarf
- Block Party – An asymmetrical shrug, a block and garter scarf, and a cowl neck capelet
- Power Cables – A cabled scarf, cabled neck warmer and a cabled wrap
- Daisy Chain – A keyhole scarf, jabot and a patchwork scarf
- Shades of Gray – A worsted weight scarf, laceweight scarf and a chunky scarf
- Lacy Leaves – A Leaf lace ruff, leaf lace shawl and a leaf lace scarf
- Red Alert – A mohair capelet, scarf and wrap
- Wrap Stars – A zigzag wrap, capelet and cowl
- Rich Ruffles – A ruffled cowl, scarf and wrap
- Light & Lacy – A chunky lace stole, hooded scarf and a light lace wrap
- Linen Stitch – A variegated scarf, three color scarf and a solid color scarf
- Fun & Funky – An I-cord scarf, zigzag scarf and a loop scarf
- Short Rows – An eyelet scarf, wedge scarf and a light lace shawl
- Just Peachy – A triangle shawl, a beehive lace scarf and a collared capelet
- Nordic Star – A striped scarf, asymmetrical scarf and a buttoned gaiter
- Bars & Stripes – A striped muffler, buttoned wrap and a striped infinity scarf
- Silk & Coton – An eyelet cowl, leaf motif scarf and a leaf motif poncho
- Cream & Sugar – A lace cowl, shawlette and wrap
Here’s a small sampling of designs, but be sure to visit Ravelry to view all 60 patterns.
(Photos: Courtesy of Sixth & Spring, and Classic Elite Yarns)
So that you can enjoy all the wonderful designs in this new collection, Classic Elite has a Knit Along going that got started April 15th and will end June 15th. To be considered for the knit-a-long, your project must be listed on Ravelry with the tag SWSKAL. For more information on this knit along, please visit Classic Elite’s blog online or the Classic Elite Ravelry Group!
For me personally, well I have to tell you that I really like this collection and could see knitting the majority of what’s inside. What I like most about this book is that fact it gives knitters a variety of designs by simply mixing and matching colors, textures of yarns and fibers, and stitch patterns. This book has something for all levels of knitting and projects that will keep you interested. If you enjoy accessory pieces as much as I do, then you might want to add this particular book to your library.
Until next time, happy knitting, crocheting, spinning and crafting!
Disclaimer: This copy has been sent to me by Sixth and Spring Books for review. Please note that the above opinions are my own.